Friday 28 June 2013

Overture

This weblog is devoted to classical music in live recordings. The repertoire goes from the Middle Ages to the 19th century. The performances are either with period instruments or with modern instruments played in 'period style'.

I am planning to upload recordings which I collected from various sources. They date from the 1990s to the present. They are in mp3 format, at a bitrate of 128 kbps or higher.

You can follow the links below the track-list and information about the performance.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I only collect original instrument/HIP performances. Could you indicate which files are on original instruments and which are on modern? I have no interest in modern instruments in period style. (Those steel strings grate on me and don't get me started on the modern oboe.))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that in many cases you will recognize the performers. If Harnoncourt conducts the Chamber Orchestra of Europe you'll know what to expect. However, it is a useful suggestion, so I will add that information to the files. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. It's nice to see another live music blog out there. As much as I want to carry on my own blog, I just do not have the time to process my archives (recorded from FM radio broadcasts) in a form that would be useful for the listening community.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete